Want to Grow?
I love nothing better than sharing what I have learned with those who are eager to grow. If this sounds like you, keep reading!
Here’s My Story:
I struggled for years with depression and self-hatred. I wanted someone I could trust to help me grow in my faith. I had numerous mentors, father figures, who started out loving and helping me grow, who would suddenly abandon me. For many years I wandered like a sheep without a shepherd.
Then one day in my mid-20’s, I met a man named Louis Goldberg, who took me into his life and loved me with an unconditional love that only God could have given him. Dr. Goldberg was a retired professor of Jewish Studies at Moody Bible Institute. He chaired that department for 30 years. After his wife died, he wanted to mentor young Jewish believers in Jesus to give them a solid start in life.
I became one of his labors of love.
He would have me wake up with him at 4:30 a.m. every morning to pray together, and to pray for other people. He had a 3-ring binder for each day of the week of the week, filled with names of people and their needs. He taught me the value of prayer.
After prayer, he would spend most days pouring into me his knowledge of Jewish culture, History, God and the Bible, telling me that his goal was to teach me everything he knew, before he passed from this life, to be with his God and his wife. It was one of the most intense periods of my life. His investment in me was invaluable, and laid a foundation that has prepared me for many of life’s storms. Dr. Goldberg showed me that everyone needs a mentor, and that there is a right mentor for everybody.
In addition to this, I was in a private pastoral internship for three years, studied Greek and Biblical Hebrew in Seminary at SEBTS in Wake Forest, NC. I spent six months in an intense Ulpian on a Kibbutz in Israel, studying Modern Israeli Hebrew, so I would be able to speak with my Israeli cousins. From 2001 – 2006 I studied intensely with Be In Health Ministries of Thomaston, GA, learning how to minister more effectively with people who suffer chronic and terminal illness. I’ve also studied Church Planting with the Foursquare Denomination. I’ve also planted a congregation, served on staff with three other churches and on staff with two international Jewish Missions organizations.
Get to Know Me a Bit:
I am a husband and a father to two very kewl young people who love Messiah. I’ve been a follower of Messiah Yeshua (Jesus), since 1973. My wife and I have been through intense poverty, unemployment and infertility (we were told that women with her condition don’t have children). We know God answers prayer!
Oh, I am also a SciFi Geek and B-Movie fanatic, a love I share with both my wife and son!
I am the author of several dozen books, including The New Messianic Version of the Bible; The Book of GOD: For Men; The Book of GOD: Genesis Unbound; The Baptism of Jesus from a Jewish Perspective, The Fall of the American Babylon and more.
I am a Speaker, Author, Bible Teacher, Chaplain, Performer, Pastor and Mentor. I’ve also hosted a radio show. Since 1991, I’ve intentionally helped people better understand the nature and person God and the Bible from a Jewish perspective. Besides helping people grow spiritually, my favorite passion is explaining how the Word of God is the “God of Israel” in the Old Testament (Hebrew Bible), who was later born as Jesus/Yeshua in the New Testament. For some reason, a lot of believers really struggle with that concept.
I’ve ministered throughout Europe, including England and Wales, Japan, Israel, and in 48 of the United States.
I am a second-generation Jewish believer in Jesus. Although I did have one great-aunt named Sofi, who was also a Jewish lady who loved Messiah!
When not writing books and all those other things, I enjoy quiet times at home with my wife, and children. I am active in the Minneapolis/Saint Paul Messianic Community and with the following organizations:
- Board Member: The Humble Cup Coffee Shop (A Ministry Outreach at the University of Minnesota)
- Board President: Midwest Hebrew Ministries (Acting Director)
- Minnesota Representative: Chosen People Ministries, International
What You Should Do Next:
Here are several ways you can access my knowledge and experience. I have arranged these in order, from those that require the least investment to those that require the most.
- Pray. Maybe I should call this one, “Answer to Prayer” instead? If you’re here now, God led you here for a reason. So why not pray about why He led you to this page?
- Search my site. I have written a hundreds of blog posts on this site. Chances are, I have already addressed your question or issue. Just use the search box in the upper right-hand corner of this page.
- Subscribe to my updates. I currently publish a new blog post a week. I write on Biblical topics related to the Jewishness of the Bible and Jesus (Yeshua), History, and Personal Development. Sometimes I write on other subjects as well. The purpose of my articles is to inform, educate and challenge your current thinking. All my posts are designed to “stir the pot” and get others involved with the conversation by engaging their minds to “diligently work out their own salvation with fear and trembling” (Philippians 2:12). By subscribing, you’ll get my latest thinking delivered straight to your inbox. Learn more …
- Buy one of my products. You can find them all in my store. They represent my best thinking on various topics, including how to find Jesus in the Old Testament, the Nature and Person of God, and more. I even sell some historical works, such as English translations of the Jewish Targum’s (ancient Aramaic Jewish Bible versions that highlight the importance of the Word of God in the Old Testament), and the Book of Enoch (important for understanding Jewish apocalyptic literature of the Biblical era). I have several other products in development, including a new book detailing how Jesus is the God of Israel born in the flesh. Learn more …
- Book me as a speaker. I have been speaking publicly for more than 25 years. I have keynoted thousands of events for churches, conferences, businesses, homeschool academies and small groups. If you have an event you would like me to consider, please visit my speaking page then email me.
- Take one of my intensive courses. Several times each year I offer online or in person intensive courses on a specific subject. These classes are a great way to immerse yourself in the subject matter and really get a handle on some tools, and an Hebraic Biblical worldview, that will help you understand God and the Bible better, and help you grow stronger in the faith. Some courses are 2-week targeted subjects with homework, and classroom time every weekday. Other courses are less focused 8 to 12-week classes requiring lots of study time outside of class. If you’d like to know about these, Sign Up for Articles, Newsletters & Updates using the form on the upper right side of the page!
- 1-0n-1 Coaching. Some people feel that they need a mentor, or they need a tutor who works with them. Just them. Some people have private struggles and feel they need help overcoming them, or they have a goal that they want to focus intensely on, and doing it with a personal coach may be the answer for them. If this sounds like you, I’m more than happy to help. I do have a screening process to make sure I will be a good fit for you. I’d like to get you started right now with something that will begin changing your life today, so click here.
If you have something else in mind, other than what I have outlined, feel free to e-mail me. Someone on my team would be happy to talk with you.